View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 02:10 PM   #323
gigamanx

Re: "Albert" -- 1949 AD, S10 Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern 52 View Post
I just stumbled across this build thread recently and am very impressed with the details posted.

An absolutely great build.

I too am in the process of building a 1952 3 window on a shortened 2000 S10 chassis. I have recently replaced all of the stock front steering and suspension parts with 2 inch Beltech drop spindles added. Too bad I didn't find this forum sooner as the Blazer front spindles and larger brakes would have been a bonus.

I have many questions but the first is what is the measurement from the headlight opening to the center of the front wheels or is there another good way to center the front wheels without the original chassis for a reference?

Thank you.
I just did this over the past few months and agree with Hussey. There are slight differences in all the bodies and chassises (what is the plural of a chassis haha), so the method that worked for me is setting the cab on a piece of 4x4 wood up front and I used a 4x4 on top of a 2x4 for the rear (see pic below). Then you slide it around until the front fender sits over the wheel. Grab a chair or sit on the floor and stare at it for hours. Come back the next day and stare some more. Take pictures and stare at those some too. Then post them here so we can all tell you its going to be ok. Then tack weld some mounts. Stare at those some and you should be good to go

I actually find determining the height of the mounts to be more difficult as it requires partial fabrication of the core support, mounting of fenders, and mounts for the cab.

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote