View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 09:27 AM   #63
Dannny B

Re: NAPCO C-50 Chevy restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Tractorguy View Post
Boy I can't get enough of this truck. Came out great! As I said before, of all the pickup conversions I see, you hit the nail with this one...
Thanks, I think that I found the source of my death wobble. The brand new front tires have quite a bit of runout. Also, without a heavy weight on the bed area, the back of the truck sits up a bit higher. This seems to have cancelled out my caster. It had 3 degree shims which I changed to 6 degree.
The truck is on a non-op so, I don't drive it much. I'm going to put a couple of the old worn tires back on the front and see if it acts better.

Has anyone put power steering on one of these? I'm looking at Japanese steering boxes. The Mitsubishi FH series looks good for mounting. I found a UD box for cheap.

I have a 1970 D***e Power Wagon that I modified. I took out the manual box that was inside the frame and behind the axle. I put in a C***y box, outside the frame and, in front of the axle. It's a D-300 with a utility bed and camper. Also, has a cummins. It weighs in at 10,000 so, I need power steering.
Dannny B is offline   Reply With Quote