View Single Post
Old 10-10-2004, 09:37 PM   #7
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

The truck looks like it is in good shape. I would try listing it in the Autotrader and the LittleNickel. Just because it didn't hit the reserve on e-bay, doesn't mean you were asking too much. Prices on e-bay vary all over the place. I bought an AMT/Ertl model kit for $14 and at the same time another one was selling for much more. Exact same item, for some reason, one sold much higher.

You could also try re-listing on e-bay, but your getting into the season when convertables don't sell so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72blazerk5shorttop
I think I've decided to switch it back to at least a soft top...it's just not getting the response I would have expected...what do you guys think...my reserve was only about $4000, too high? Somebody from Oregon offered $2250...the custom fiberglass and custom bed work was near half that! Plus $400 in new tires and a heavy duty battery and I feel like I was just punched in the gut! I know it's not restored but it's not bad for original equipment. It gets noticed just about everywhere I take it but once they find out how much I want they all go silent. Can something get that much attention but be worth the same as a 92 family sedan with over 100k miles on it??? I don't think so...

*The original '72 "half-cab" that started the thread is mine*
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote