View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 10:05 PM   #24
Classic Heartbeat
Project Junkie! Fishing Poor!!

Re: HG's Adjustable Track Bar

I can see what you are talking about, but I have had 4 trucks come into my shop over the last year or so with handling problems after lowering. Each time I test drove the trucks and they were real loose feeling and above 45 or 50 mph they were actualy scary. All 3 of the 4 trucks had adjustible panhard bars in them that were close to being level and the 4th one actualy angled up instead of down. Anyway, 2 of the 4 trucks just got the super bar kit (because they had shock relocators) and the other 2 got both the super bar kit and shock relocators with new lowering shocks. I then test drove them again. Let me tell you, they were hugging the road like never befor. I took each truck to 80 mph or so and one to over 100. All of the trucks ran strait and true and they didn't feel loose at all. Once I gave the trucks back to their owners they were extreemly happy with their handling also.
I don't say this to be argumenative, I am just speaking from my experience and passing information down from things that Ihave been tought.
I am a firm believer in making things yourself if you have the tools to do so. Heck, that is how all of this neat new stuff makes it to market. Someone had a problem that needed solving, engineered a solution, gave it a name and then brought it to market.
I think it's great that special-K wants to make his own, and I was only explaining what issue may arrise and suggesting solutions to hopefully keep him from spending money on a something that may not work for him. WES
Call us Toll Free (888) 338-2502
Like Us on Facebook
No appointment necessary.
72 BB Chevy Custom Deluxe / Custom Camper
67 I-6 (Soon to be 5.7 LS1) Panel
68 BB Chevy Short Bed
72 6.0 LQ9 Short Bed Chevy 4X4
Olympia's fastest growing truck parts supplier.
Olympia's home for Wayward Chevys
Classic Heartbeat is offline   Reply With Quote