View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 01:01 PM   #8
1Bad 37

Re: 1Bad37: C5 Corvette Meets '37 Chevy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by old yelr View Post
Awesome truck! Subscribed.
How does it feel to drive?
Feels pretty good to drive, always get lots of thumbs ups and break necks Had a guy at a show tell me that "someone stole your leaf springs," I told him I didn't have any. I don't really "like" driving it that much though... Mostly thinking about all the time and money ruins the drive, makes it so I can't park it anywhere I can't see it...

Actual driving, it drives awesome, EFI is freaking sweet how it runs perfectly. I idled through the GoodGuys show last summer without even touching the gas pedal. I love the way it feels so connected to the road with the Pfadt coilovers, my dad thinks its too stiff but I love it. Having no rubber in the steering linkage and heim ends for ball joints is awesome, very little slop!
Just need to cure some of that road noise...

I did a thing over my spring break.

Morimoto MiniD2s projectors, should throw light like a new BMW or Acura. My daily has a set up rather like it and I love it so I had to do it to this also

And yes the buckets are flat black... The actual mirror that does the light throwing is behind the eyeball looking lense.

This also happened. It only took 8 or 10 hrs to put that stupid thing together, I think I took it apart about 10 times getting the shift linkage in there right... If I had another one to do I could probably do it in 2 hrs though.
Much shiny. Have probably 10 or 14 hrs into sanding that miserable thing then polishing. Sanding really sucks, its mostly the self repeating that sucks so bad, going from 80->220->320->600->1200 grit. I need to get some 1500 and 2k as 1.2k isn't enough. What a PITA though...

I have more pics of both things but I have homework due today that I didn't do yesterday because I was sanding and polishing the diff... I bolted the diff on right after that pic and it looked pathetic all dirty next to the polished trans, kind of irritating but I said whatever and started making that shiny too

Better updates maybe tomorrow if I remember the memory card on my way to school...
1Bad 37 is offline   Reply With Quote