View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 08:44 PM   #85
joedoh

Re: 1941 project fenix

yes, all engines in the factory s10 location will need moved back. if you dont care about using the clutch fan, and it doesnt have a serpentine system on it, you can usually just buy (or make) S10 V8 swap mounts and flip them over, they will move the motor back 5". still need to do something about the trans crossmember but that is a fast way to move the engine.

but I still recommend my way, because getting the factory S10 mounts loose in trucks pre 95 is about as fun as a cactus butt plug. they are bolted from the top and getting to the bottom nuts requires you to, and I am not kidding, remove the lower control arms and springs.

last thing tonight, I needed the front clip from the back yard, but the body cart is still full of s10 cab (dont throw anything away till its time!) and the other small cart is behind the trailer, lots of moving and jostling to get it out. luckily my wife AND my daughter were home so I went ahead and did it myself.

needs a trim

still about 4 inches forward, looks like the wheels have a shot at lining up

the motor looks OUTSTANDING tucked in there, like a factory install. more tomorrow!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote