View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 03:00 AM   #56
thekid54

Re: Finally my own build thread!

Quick note on the CHP checking your frame. My experience is that if it was bought out of state and you are trying to transfer the title CHP or the DMV has to do a VIN verification and an inspection. The other situation where they would want to see it is if it has been "Non-op" for a while and you are trying to register it as a drivable vehicle. It looks like you're pretty far along, but I would have gotten the truck running/driving and tried to register it first before you did the frame swap. I know people that have run into this problem and it's a real pain. If they do notice the frame is swapped they will make you register it as a new construction or street rod and make you register it as a 2007 ( or whatever year you try and register it in). I would do some research before you went any further. I'm not saying this is fact, and it may not apply in your situation, but these are problems my friends and I have run into. Then again, as many of us have found out, it all depends on which DMV clerk you get and what kind of mood he/she is in!!!
thekid54 is offline   Reply With Quote