View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 12:03 AM   #206
joedoh

Re: 1941 project fenix

I wasnt talking about using copper for the lines, you bend the copper to the desired shape and then pull your rubber lines over it and use the heat gun inside and out to set the rubber lines. I did it today with the lower rad hose, it didnt fit over the water pump outlet and so I stuck a 34MM socket in the hose and used the heat gun to set it to the larger size, worked good!

did a bunch of little stuff, got the alignment set at 1/8" toe out and centered the wheels and steering wheel. pulled all the steering parts to paint. I did get the steering lines modified and hooked up.

fenix shifts! my modified linkage works perfectly. I picked up a cotter hairpin and a washer, if you remember it was hooked with a bread tie when I pulled it apart.

ugh. more new stuff. this donor was short on just about everything. learn this lesson, buy the best donor you can, people.

the rad is ready to be hooked up. the bubble flare to barb fittings for the transmission lines were only FORTY ^&*^(*& DOLLARS. sheesh. next time I will just cut them off and flare the end and use clamps.

chipping away at all this stuff, the two steps forward three steps back with all the new repairs hasnt licked me yet.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote