View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 03:55 PM   #6
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Need help with my painting plan

I think by now you have learned ask 5 guys car or paint advice and you will get 6 opinions, LOL

I am going to take a back seat to the other guys with my advice as I am just an amateur, but I will leave you with these thoughts

Mark Worman of Graveyard cars (say what you will about the show, but he is a pro painter - and a good one) says in one of his videos while shooting a car that he deliberately adds some acid to his paint or primer I forget which to give it that extra bite especially after having taken a car down to bare metal.

The other thing I want to point out and I wish I could find the article, is a guy with some chemistry background who did a bit of research and stated that though it may go by a few different names the underlying chemical in most if not all adequate rust removers is just that phosphoric acid, and yes of course it has to be removed properly after applications and you are not applying it in full strength you would be hard pressed to find it for sale like that, it is already diluted by Home Depos supplier and you further dilute it with water before applying, depending on your rusted surfaces.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote