Thread: My 1st 68 panel
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 09:59 AM   #118
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: My 1st 68 panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdcougar View Post
Seat covers aren’t that tough to do yourself. I did the high back bucket seats on my 69 cougar and they came out great. People use silicone spray and even baby powder to get the covers to slide on. I’ve heard of people using copper hog rings that are a lot easier to crimp on. Get yourself a good quality set of hog ring pliers and let the new covers warm up really well in the sun.
At $600 I think I am going to learn. Rick's Upholstry had instructions with the covers I bought and in stressed leaving them out in the sun to relax them before attempting and I have also heard that putting paper over the top of the bun will allow sliding the cover on a bit easier. I am not worried about having a show pc because I plan to drive it quite bit (if I ever get it done lol) I am just happy to be able to finally plug away at it a little bit each week now. I can finally start to see improvements which keeps me interested in moving ahead with it. Getting ready to head out in a few to work on it some more today.
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote