View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 07:12 PM   #14
skyjgmc

Re: 70' GMC "Walter"

Ok so it looks as if Im going to be getting serious with the ls swap in the next few months Im not afraid of a motor swap I have swapped a 5.2 magnum into my jeep wrangler and have successfully been beaten the hell out of it for 2 years now, and have lots of buddies who have swapped ls motors into their jeeps. Now with that said I am humbly asking for any guidance through the process you guys are willing to give. I havent done much research on the process, The motor Im going with is a 5.7 out of a 1999 chevy 3/4 work van. I dont know nor have I found much info on this particular motor... Ie: oil pan clearance?, can I use van wire harness? what types of issues will I run into with mating it to my 465 transmission? what manifolds to run etc........I plan to use as much from the van as possible IE fuel tank and pump, etc.... so if any of you know a particular thread or build that answers all of my questions I dont mind doing the reading or learning I dont want to be spoon fed I like to learn so.......
skyjgmc is offline   Reply With Quote