View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 11:18 AM   #98
hatzie

Re: Stolen last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Are some posts missing from this thread now? I believe I had posted my fear of just this occurring. I myself have experienced the lack of concern or effort of "some" LEO in regards to auto theft as well as other violations of the law. Bigger fish to fry? I wish they had that attitude when it comes to a cracked windshield or a few LEDs out on a 3rd brake light going out. The town of Hanover, PA has an opiate abuse element, and all the crime that stems from that, yet their officers of the law have time to issue fines for leaving your hitch in the receiver when not hooked up to a trailer... Really??? Mine stays there! Doing such a great service to the community protecting the shins of those who don't pay attention to where they walk. How about, "Don't walk so close to my property??". Both my trucks have stainless camper/towing mirrors that stick out at least as far. People walking into those. Are they going to be outlawed next?... Already??

Sorry for the rank. This touched a nerve.
I'm going to rant a bit.

Follow the money.

Most officers aren't bad guys but they are unfortunately corrupted by the culture of "How much revenue did you generate this month or year." for the state, county, village, town, or city government.

Fines from traffic infractions quickly generate revenue. Note the willingness of cities to shorten yellow light timing enough to cause accidents because they're chasing red light camera revenue.
Asset forfeitures generate revenue for them as well and occasional drug seizures look good on the evening news. This essentially turns them into what amounts to modern day highwaymen thieves and brigands. As long as the drug "problem" remains static, and large enough that the useful idiots notice it, they can continue to seize cash and other assets from anyone they decide is a good target without resorting to that outdated notion called due process and certainly without needing any proof of any wrongdoing. Want your money back? Forget about that outdated notion of innocent til proven guilty. In an asset forfeiture you're guilty til proven innocent.

This goes well beyond thievery. Human trafficking of young girls is allowed to continue largely unabated as well.
If they actually find a stolen vehicle or trafficked girls it generates no revenue and potentially takes revenue generating snitches out of circulation.
They will not risk making their revenue generating snitches in the dirtbag culture angry by stepping on their side hustles of stolen vehicles and human trafficking lest they stop providing intelligence on the cash and drug product movements.

Yes... I'm a bitter jaded old man. I got that way watching this kind of BS be applauded by our representatives that like to call themselves our "leaders". Democracies, Oligarchies, Communists, and Facists have leaders. I kinda liked the Representative Republic we used to have. I guess we answered Ben Franklins' sideways question about how long we could keep our republic.

Sorry about the political rant... All I have to say on this subject.
1972 Ford F250 FE390, NP435/NP205 SOLD
1976 Chevy K20, 6.5L, NV4500/NP208 SOLD
1986 M1008 CUCV SOLD
2000 GMC C2500, TD6.5L, NV4500
2005 Chevy Silverado LS 2500HD 6.0L 4L80E/NP263
2009 Impala SS LS4 V8

RTFM... GM Parts Books, GM Schematics, GM service manuals, and GM training materials...Please include at least the year and model in your threads. It'll be easier to answer your questions.
And please let us know if and how your repairs were successful.

Last edited by hatzie; 12-08-2019 at 07:53 PM.