View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 06:55 PM   #106
KenAdams

Re: 1966 C10 Daily Driver

I'm finally back after over a year. The truck has sat pretty much since my last post. Ran into a crazy project at work that sucked all my time.

For the last week I somewhat started from the beginning. I torqued and marked every bolt on the frame; drilled some holes I kind of ignored in the Ridetech kit; cut, bent and flared all the hard brake lines; dropped the motor back in (literally so long I don't remember why I had taken it out?); and finished the exhaust and painted it with some high temp paint for no reason other then I ground of some of the aluminized coating when I was fabbing it up and didn't want to see rust spots 20 years from now.

The exhaust took the longest. I had the left rear pipe left to make, had to section it in 5 to get around panhard bar, came out really good though. The brakes took quite a bit of time too. Did it all in 3/16 stainless, so bending, straighting and flaring was a pain.

Trying to wrap things up for real, was kind of hunting and pecking last time I was working on it. I am now in the tighten it for the last time mode.

KenAdams is offline   Reply With Quote