View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 03:58 AM   #272
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Seeks like you guys earned your beer this weekend. Looks like the supervisor Harley even approves

Thank you Bill,

Yes, Harley certainly loves the new deck.

Her nose was out of joint when I removed the old one.

Next job was to get a long cut to get the sliver off the last deck board.

Amazed that these boards are not all the some width, funny how modern technology claims to be more accurate but there is not pride in product.

Then a funny kinked cut at the end to fit the driveway and the end of the deck.

In place.

LAST JOB.

THE STEP........

BY NOW IT WAS RAINING A LOT MORE THAN WE WANTED IT TO.

And 220 Volts out in the rain would make for interesting work.

So not photos at all, of the individual legs on each riser support.

We decided to add two 35mm x 145 mm legs to each, screwed in from both sides of the support as there is a slope to the ground and each was to be a different height by a few mm.

Then the front face plate again needed tome trimming so not contact with the paving blocks under the legs or the grass, which should never get to it.

Lastly, three boards wide step, is 150mm wider than the one it replaces, as it makes for another nice place to sit while the fire is going for the BBQ.

SO DECK COMPLETED BY 17.00 on SUNDAY AFTERNOON.

NEXT UP WILL BE MAKING A LARGE TABLE, AND A DECENT BENCH, USING THE TAILGATE I RECENTLY BOUGHT AS A BACKREST.

A MASSIVE THANK YOU TO CRAIG AND KEVIN, AND ALL THE REST OF YOU WHO INPUT WITH ADVICE, MOTIVATION AND COMMENTS.

ANOTHER GREAT JOB DONE THANKS TO MOJO RETURN.

(Craig was not available for the team photo)

Laters.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote