Thread: 'Spot'
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2024, 09:56 AM   #48
SCOTI

Re: 'Spot'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZL1 View Post
Hey Scoti, thanks for sharing your progress with pics and explanations. I have a question on your plans for abs corrections. I have a 96 with the Kelsey Hayes abs and although I'm not having the issues you have, my brakes suck. I've read that a automated bleed will fix that but it didn't on mine. So I've been thinking of just removing the abs altogether and doing a traditional setup. Is that what your planning to do on yours?

Keep up the good work!
Yes. This is the plan.

Between the Thanksgiving -Xmas holiday periods I visited my buddy that has my old '90 Sierra single cab. He preplaced all the lines on the truck w/new stainless pieces along w/the next GEN master cylinder (vs the 88-98 version).

I snagged those OE lines for some comparing to mine & was going to remake what I had to using NiCopp tubing for the elimination of the ABS. The '90 vs '99 line routing is different ('99 being more complex). Not sure which path I'll choose but I wanted to compare for extra insight making choices.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote