Thread: S10 Swap how to
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 11:26 PM   #887
joedoh

Re: S10 Swap how to

just cut some slots in your apron (baffle) and push it down, then with some triangles of steel make it funnel the air right through the cooler.

you need airflow over a cooler to work efficiently, I have seen otehr guys put them under the cab but that doesnt get enough airflow in my opinion. so getting it right in the air stream is going to work.

by the way, the air coming out of the trans cooler will usually be cooler than the air passing over the rad, unless you are really towing. I have a second trans cooler added to the rad cooler on my 2500HD and the trans temp is always under the coolant temp, unless I am towing or hauling, then they are the same temp (because of the cooler in the rad)

air to trans fluid coolers arent as efficient as water (coolant) to trans fluid, but if your rad doesnt have a cooler in it then you dont have a lot of choice. remember to get a plate style cooler, not a fin style, for max cooling, and also remember that good ones will have a waxstat to limit flow through the cooler till it warms up a bit, because you can have your trans fluid TOO cold.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote