View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 02:18 AM   #1
izzy_Britton

2wd k5 vs c10 frame

So i have a spare c10 2wd shorty that I cannot register in the not so great state of kalifornia. I have been contemplating what to do with it. my thoughts have been to build the frame up the way that i would want my daily done and when the time comes, just swap over the body from my DD to the (now) spare.

Then i got to thinking, I really want to do another k5 blazer as the last one never got finished. but finding 2 wheel drive frames for anything around these parts is difficult to impossible, at any price.

this leads me to another question. I have the frame already, complete as a roller (complete truck at the moment) and I can locate bodies from time to time if i look over enough fences. so as you may have guessed by now, my question is...

what is the difference in the k5 vs c10 frame in the way of profile? sure it is shorter, but couldnt i just shorten it to match the proper wheel base of the k5? such as some have done with CCSB and long bed to short bed conversions?

or would it be better to locate a 4x4, yard all the 4x4 suspension out of it and just bolt in some 2wd suspension?

my last one was a 77, started existence in my life as a hugely lifted beast with 44 inch super swampers on it. no joke it was so high that the hood would not go under the eve of the house to get it in the garage. I had to remove wheels and tires and roll it in on the rotors and drums. I then unbolted the body from the frame and hung it from the rafters while i waited for the junk yard to deliver my new to me 2wd k5 frame. bolted it all back together as a roller, new motor and trans and some custom one off (at the time) body mods and mid build had to part with it. I was into the whole truck about 1500$ and owned it less than 30 days before it was loaded on a trailer and never seen again. i just hope the guy who got it for free finished it but who knows. This is one reason why i want to build another.

input greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Izzy
Project Delongdium - Step-Sons Plastic Clad 2003 Avalanche - DONE and Delivered.
izzy_Britton is offline   Reply With Quote