View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 11:18 PM   #196
Fastandcrazy

Re: Rebuild...(pending a name)

From when I got the engine and transmission in, to this point, is about a week. What I didn't show is I had to lift the back end of the transmission to install Dirty Dingos transmission cross-member. I originally had an ECE Transmission cross-member, but things didn't line up. I couldn't really use the cross-member without drilling the cross-member. I decided to keep with Dirty Dingo; I have Dirty Dingo engine mounts, Energy Suspension Poly-mounts, small block center bolt perches, and Dirty Dingos transmission cross-member. I also went with an Energy Suspension transmission mount. Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I went with Speed Engineering's oil pan.

I removed the water pump, harmonic balancer, and spark plug wires. The accessory drive kit comes in this week. Hopefully, I will have that on this weekend. Spark plug wires are removed because I had test fitted Schoenfeld Headers, to see how they fit and how low they hang. They fit real good, and they do not hang low at all. My transmission pan is actually lower than the headers. Does anyone have this problem? The GMPP 6l80E does not come with the low profile pan, but it can be purchased; spending $200 for the pan is something I am strongly considering.
Name:  IMG_3887.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  89.4 KB

A side profile. You can see the Schoenfeld Headers in the background. I will get pics of how they fit in the future. I took them back off so I could weld on a ball and socket flange and then I am going to paint them with VHT's black paint. The black paint you see is only to protect them from rusting. It's humid here in NC, so anything bare metal get's rusty, real quick-like.
Name:  IMG_3888.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  100.5 KB

More to follow.