Old 02-26-2013, 11:27 PM   #45
motornut
78K & 79C Jimmys

Re: Looking for my Dad's truck My dads 1978 Chevrolet Pickup Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shugalou View Post
Ok guys a have made excellent
Progress!!!

8 years ago today my dad passed away and I felt that today something was going to happen.

I went to a lesser busy mto (I tried last week and the line would have taken at least a hour) I go into the mto and there are only 5 people in line! Things are starting out good.

I ask the lady if she can help me even though I don't have the vin. She told me no problem we can do that, so she runs it and I find the vin then get the uvip to find out who owns it.

It turns out my dads friend still owns it. So I head out to the address about 50 minutes away. His wife answers the door and after I explain my mission she is very welcoming and invites me in to sit down while she digs up some pictures of the truck.

She tells me that her son repainted it and did some motor work as they now use it strictly for tractor pulls!!! My heart dropped when I heard that but I was optomistic to think it would be in pristine condition.

I left my contact info to talk to my dad friends more in detail about the truck but not sure if they are willing to part with it.

Here is a picture of a picture she gave me
Ill keep you guys posted
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
thats cool,could you find one to replace it?
motornut is offline   Reply With Quote