Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 11:12 AM   #8
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Thanks RocknRod...Ill definitely go through that page.

Did a little cursory checking today now that I had a chance to look at some things.

I was able to get under it and noticed a couple of things...not good nor bad just some observations.

It will definitely need some cleaning underneath....has the common greasy/dirt build up...not a big deal.

I did notice that it has been wrecked....not really bad...to me it looks like a small fender bender type thing...The drives side front fender was fixed, not replaced but fixed...It appears that someone cut the fender and fixed part of it...It does not look like an after market fender which is good.....From what I can tell and saw the air box that lets fresh air in was pushed in about an inch....maybe later on I will take the fender off and replace that part ...But whomever fixed it did a real good job. For a truck to be 51 years old and have one minor little fender bender....no big deal to me.

The passenger side fender was replaced...from what I can see and based on my limited knowledge it was a fender off a 63 model the only reason I think that is because of the fender badges holes and the original fender badges have a little bit newer bolts that are holding it on...again no big deal to me since the fenders and doors line up and shut, I am thinking like most of the old trucks the bottom of the fender had rusted out and they found a donor fender instead of replacing.....

But I am still pleased with what I got for sure....

Lastly the backup lights don't work...still see the pigtails to the lights on each side but no wires are running to it..Im sure this is not a hard fix.

I did notice that the headlight switch seems to have a short in it...just gotta play with it to get them to turn on....I can get a supposed AC Delco from the local parts store....another easy fix.

Only bad thing is its raining today so cant "Drive my Chevy to the levy"
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote