Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 04:42 PM   #11
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Well I tried to work on it a little between the rain drops...It would rain, sun would come out for a little bit then rain again...It did that several times but according to the weather radar it seems to be set in for awhile now...So Ill try to do some research on a few things.

But here is what I learned today about my ole 66....

It runs really rich...and the youtube videos I watched on how to adjust the carb didn't work...I guess its good to know your limits...My neighbor man said he would help me rebuild it...and that's a good thing. The carb is a Rochester 4 jet...that's was stamped on the passenger side near the back...Don't know if it is the original carb or not...I guess when I get around to taking it off and rebuilding it I can get some numbers off it if there is any to be found.

I did have some leaks inside the cab after the rain..best I can tell its coming from the firewall seam...so I put some seam type sealer on it and we will see how that works.

I did see a couple of drops on the dash so it looks like I may be in for a new gasket.

Ill see after this latest rain that is coming through if I made a dent in the leak problem...Oh and I am specifically leaving it outside so that I can make sure whether it leaks and fix the leaks I find....after that its garage city for it.

I did fix the headlight switch...really don't know what I did except clean the contacts and plug it back in.

So I'm off to do some research...oh joy....just kidding....that is part of the fun of this truck...I guess the journey is just as good as the destination.
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote