View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 04:23 AM   #38
phraza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrevw111 View Post
Hi Fraser,

I've just come across your build writeup here - very interesting and nice truck! I'd be keen to catch up sometime and have a look at it! I'm in Auckland too..

I have a 65 C10 on the boat right now, expecting to be in Auckland in about 4 weeks, so was especially interested in what you had to do for compliance because that'll be me in a month..

With the headlights, what did you require there was it just to swap them around? or did you require new bulbs?

Also, I was under the impression that if the truck was manufactured prior to 1979 you could retain the original equipment seatbelts, as long as they were the original.. maybe that's not the case though is it? Who ended up doing your seatbelts and would you recommend them?

Cheers,
André
Hey Andre

Awesome stuff on the new truck! I can meet up if you like and show you what I had to get done. There was a few things I had to do but nothing hugely major.

The seatbelts have to be diagonal seatbelts (pre 1955 doesn’t have to have any seatbelts). Mine had factory lap belts when it came in to the country but I had to get diagonal ones installed (apart from the middle belt). Seat belt specs in glenfield supplies the new belts and somewhere else installed them.

I didn’t have to get new lights but I changed them anyway as they weren’t that bright. I changed them to some NZ hella units.

Message me your email address and I can pop around and show you my truck and some of the paper work. Happy to help out where I can!

Cheers
Fraser
Posted via Mobile Device
phraza is offline   Reply With Quote