View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 04:31 PM   #258
Arekusu

Re: Old School Hot Rod Truck (1964)

1964 C10 Old School Hot Rod Truck Version 3

Well, it's likely not going to be considered old school anymore but I have to adapt it to the times. The 454 was fun. All the torque at 1500 RPM and up was a blast.. it also didn't hook up for **** and I really needed to run a true slick to put that power down.

The TKO-500 = sold.

Time to go modern. It's getting an LSX motor, more precisely an LQ4.

Many guys and gals have made over 1000 hp with a stock bottom end on these things. But the people that do are also highly knowledgeable and have a good tuner in their hip pocket. With how much I move, I need a bit of bullet proof insurance in my builds.

This 6.0 LQ4 is going turbo with a T56 magnum. I just can't quit the manual transmission.. I guess we'll see how it does.

For now I'm saying forged pistons and rods. A new crank may be on the list if it's the right price. Already have a cam purchased. I took some of the casting out of the heads for flow and sanded them smooth. Not really a porting job but just removing a little resistance.

Planning on using a S480 for now. I'm open to other ideas.

I'm going to convert the tank to an in tank fuel pump as it's already an aluminum tank under the bed. Anyone have any recommendations on fueling?

The rack and pinion is from no limit.

I still have to determine my motor mount setup.

Totally open to recommendations for this one. Turbo LS is something i haven't done yet. Hopefully it will also take turns better now too.
Attached Images

Arekusu is offline   Reply With Quote