View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 12:32 PM   #16
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Re: Exploding Generators

Quote:
Originally Posted by '63GENIII View Post
"Pride Electric serviced 39 generators right before they exploded."

Id be a little reluctant to admit that publicly and I think that my first call would be to my insurance company to give them a heads up that they may be receiving a few phone calls.

Maintenance is as important as regularly exercising the gen set, but damn, I'd be a little more than upset and asking some serious questions if I was one of those 39 generator owners that now had a propane paperweight that cost 12 large to replace after one year.

Id really be curious what the cause of the failures was? All the same failures? Different causes? Im thinking there is a common denominator...namely the company servicing them.
Agreed on all counts, Chris..... well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
I've wanted to add one to my home, but they really are $$$ and our power grid is pretty reliable here..... For me, the one or two times a year it happens for a few hours isn't worth it. We have gas for heat in the winter.
Our grid has also been good but we don't have gas heat and our kerosene stove requires electricity. We have wood heat too, but that doesn't help with hot water for showers, and I prefer not to sit in the dark wondering when the juice will come back on.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote