Thread: 47-55.1 Is it still a Chevy?
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2020, 04:48 PM   #19
mr48chev

Re: Is it still a Chevy?

I was just thinking, and some of Mick53's comments on his own truck stirred the pot a bit.

I know of a number of "23 Ford T buckets" that don't have one genuine Ford part on the car that originated from Ford motor company. They are still 23 Ford T buckets Chevy V8 and all. I looked at a 32 Ford Street rod at a show last year that the owner told me that there was not one original Ford part on. The Body was Wescott Fiberglass, Hood, grill and shell were aftermarket, Frame was aftermarket, engine was Chevy small block with a 700R 4 and it had a Ten bolt GM rear. The whole front suspension and brakes were aftermarket street items with lots of chrome. Outside of Engine, trans and rear everything on the car was aftermarket. He had built a number of cars in the past scrounging used parts and modifying them to work but said that he decided to go all new this time and not spend months reworking pieces to bring them up to snuff. The car is still a 32 Ford roadster and was on display with over 700 other 32 Fords in Victoria BC at Deuce Days last year.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote