Thread: Rod Run
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 09:38 AM   #5
72c20customcamper

Re: Rod Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom10nut View Post
Yep, they’re inbound. I was in Sevierville/Pigeon Forge yesterday (I live 20 miles East), and saw numerous vehicles on trailers, and it was only Monday.
If you go, make sure your ride has a good working cooling system, because you’re going to spend A LOT of time sitting in traffic.
Often times, I tell people that if they want to “experience driving in a parade, come to Pigeon Forge”.
Anyway, this year’s show should be HUGE, so to those who go, enjoy yourselves.
On a side note: MAKE SURE YOU SECURE YOUR VEHICLES.
There was a 67 El Camino project stolen, from a hotel parking lot early Monday morning.
Perps unhooked the trailer from the guy’s truck, hooked up, and drove off, with trailer and all.
This happens quite often around the major shows, so please be aware.
I was in Pigion Forge once on my motorcycle , I'll drive 500 miles out of my way to avoid it in the future. I almost got taken out by some ahole in a golf cart shooting across the road in a crosswalk .I stopped in time and he started cursing me out that he was in the crosswalk. I kept my cool didnt feed into it because I saw a cop standing on the other side of the walk. Sure enough he stopped the guy and had him out of the cart in no time guy and his girl looked the part of a 250k motorhome owner pulling a trailer with his 100k rod .he probably had a ton in his lifted cart with 20s on it . Traffic sucked as a whole .

The Rod run sounds good though
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is online now   Reply With Quote