Thread: $850 repair?!?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 07:19 AM   #38
special-K
Special Order

Re: $850 repair?!?

$80 an hour is freakin`rediculous.I`m sorry,that just keeps a shop on insurance work.Maybe that`s all they want is the gravy.But,I don`t want to hear the cryin` about how hard it is to get your money out or the insurance companies.Crooks will alway squabble over the booty.

Heavier sheetmetal is easier to work than the flimsey new stuff.That`s why everything gets tossed and it`s mostly bolt-on these days,other than the area to be mounted to(which is tougher).The newer light stuff "pulls" easier,but dolly work is a pain on the crap used today.Memory is much better with the old stuff.That spot is a tough area,I give you that.But once pulled,it`s got back access and can be worked.I know it`s getting hard to find bodymen that can do good dolly/spoon work,though.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote