View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 02:58 AM   #44
tlwilliams

Re: "williams welding" 54 5 window

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
thor bros used to be "we aint no damn corporation" thorbecke fabrication, who made good parts at a great value for minitruckers about 15 years ago.

then something changed. they got more machines and doing outside machine/fab work, the founder started posting pictures of his expensive rides while more and more people started complaining about order times. I heard on another forum the wait for certain pieces was measured in years. YEARS!

I havent ordered anything from them in over 10 years, I remember though that all the "drop ship" stuff (airbags arent usually stocked, they just send the order to the airbag maker and they fulfill the order) showed up a good week and a half before the fabbed stuff.

this is just my experience, I hope I am just talking out loud and your stuff is on the way. I dont think they take the money till its ready to build so maybe that is a good sign.
i hope your right, im gonna keep my fingers crossed, want to keep this project moving along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_The_BMXER View Post
I think with thorbros it depends where you land in the rotation. It seems like he bangs out a lot at once vs one at a time.

He's a good dude though maybe try contacting on Instagram
great minds think alike, i did add him on instagram and sent him a message tonight, wait to see if he replys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Yes, I would suggest putting the cab back on the frame to position the engine and transmission in place.
I ordered from them 7 or 8 years ago and the parts came in pretty quickly.
thanks AD, it will mostly likely be a couple weeks before i need to actually build my cross members, think im getting a little ahead of myself, still need to box all the chassis in yet