Thread: Crash's 69 K10
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 10:33 PM   #107
Crash_OK

Re: Crash's 72 K10

Worked on the fuel system a little today.. Started with the tank..

Before I bolted it up, I realized that this would be an issue. The rear support on the bed runs right across the area that the bed fits (see bolt holes in picture).. Don’t know if I am the only one that has had this problem, but I will need to come up with a solution. Right now I see two options.. a body lift or move the bed support cross member back towards the back of the bed. (I don't like body lifts.)

Tank mounted…

Bent some tubing for the supply line of the pump

Pump mounted.. will almost.. still need to drill a hole and install another bolt..

Went to McAlester and picked up some more tubing to complete the fuel system tomorrow… I have the wiring harness completed, should have the fuel system complete tomorrow, need to start thinking about the exhaust system.. I need to go to Tulsa this week to pick up the exhaust manifolds… I will also start gathering the stuff I need for the cooling system. My initial plan was to use a mechanical fan, but I wired the harness to handle electric fans… so I need research and figure out the pros and cons of each.

I think I am looking for anything to work on except the body work… ;-)

Crash's 69 4x4 SWB

Crash's Roof over Lake Home

Crash's 1988 Land Cruiser Build
Crash_OK is offline   Reply With Quote