Thread: Crash's 69 K10
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 09:08 AM   #119
Crash_OK

Re: Crash's 72 K10

Yesterday I received the x-member from Pacific Fabrication. This was needed due to the 5.3L not fitting into the factory x-member. I had purchased a set of Dirty Dingo 4x4 sliders that were designed for the application, but they would not work.. I was not so much a problem with the Dirty Dingo Sliders; it was more a problem with the 5.3L being too wide for the factory x-member. Brent with Dirty Dingo believes I may have a 6 cyl. X-member. Brent with Dirty Dingo has personally seen several installs using their sliders with no issues. However, in my case the Dirty Dingo 4x4 sliders would not work. I have offered to help him determine why they would not work in my application and we will share that information as soon as we have it. If anyone knows the difference between the 6cyl. and V8 x-members please let me know.

So, back to the new x-member from Pacific Fabrication. I will be doing a complete write up after I have installed the x-member. For now, all I can say is that the x-member arrived at my house in perfect condition. All the pieces were wrapped in corrugated cardboard. The x-member appears to be powder coated with a very nice black finish. All the bolts were quality grade 8 bolts. The welds looked very nice and the clam shell motor mounts look like a high end piece.

Once again If anyone knows the difference between the 6cyl. and V8 x-members please let me know.

Crash's 69 4x4 SWB

Crash's Roof over Lake Home

Crash's 1988 Land Cruiser Build
Crash_OK is offline   Reply With Quote