View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 05:24 AM   #67
jpgearjammer

Re: Going to look at a Tahoe. High miles-should I worry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Build View Post
Long overdue update:

When I last post I had said I would be changing the engine when I had the money together to do so. Well, that wasn't happening back then. I ended up using Head Gasket in a Bottle, a $60 miracle cure. I knew it was a temp fix but it held for a little over a year before letting go. I finally ended up with a junkyard engine with 101,000 miles on it with a 6 month warranty for $1800 including installation. So I have been able to keep it on the road but still haven't fixed the AC or the fuel gauge issue. I was never able to get anything out of the dealership except a threat of a lawsuit if I didn't stop my CL ads.
Glad you got it rolling and not just parked in your driveway. If there is a next time please show up at the lot and make sure the engine is cold by popping the hood and feeling it and then check the dipstick before you crank it over. Then after you take it for a hour plus test drive on surface streets and highways check the oil again. Also while you on the hour plus test drive play with every button and switch on the vehicle as well as trying out the power windows and fan speeds,as well as heat and a/c.
If not sure get your own mechanic to check it out for you.
jpgearjammer is offline   Reply With Quote