View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 10:47 PM   #74
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Doesn't that cover utilize 4 holes like the earlier 700r4's? If so, you should be fine eliminating the upper mount on the driver side & slim down the casting on the pass side.

Also.... What about slightly enlarging the exhaust pass-through on the x-rail to allow a better transition on the collector bend?

Hey SCOTI, Thanks for the thoughts!

Yeah, it's a 4 bolt inspection cover. It probably would be fine with 3 bolts, but I worry it would create a rattle that would drive me bonkers! But moving the mount hole shouldn't be too hard. I'd just drill a new hole close to the bellhousing with the cover bolted in then proceed with chopping off a 1/2-3/4" or so.

On the exhaust, the trick here is the collector also sits low relative to the cross member, so it would help with one angle, but the pipe would still need to kick up to get to the hole so it doesn't really help. I'm thinking a custom header builder could angle the collector like a corvette (only not as much) to get a better relationship to the cross member. No Limit recommends mid or short length headers to avoid this very scenario, but I'm stubborn and really want a long tube header. Otherwise I could do something like Ultimate Headers swept back mid-length and be done with it all.

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote