View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 05:28 PM   #36
desertdogg

Re: Need advice: LS ENGINE SWAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
A cherry-picker from HF costs $160. Get thatI'm gong to ing to give it a shot plus a load leveler ($30). Under $200 and you have everything you need to get the engine out, and the new one back in (from a tool perspective).

Taking the engine out is pretty straightforward....just start undoing bolts and wires, eventually you won't have any more big ones left to undo, and it'll come out

You really only need to keep an eye on a few majore wiring connections (the places where old and new interface, like the starter wiring or if you are re-using any old alternator wiring). Even then, you can pretty much take it ALL out, as you'll end up re-doing a bunch of it anyway when the ls wiring goes in.

PLUS, without knowing exactly where the trans is going to sit, I wouldn't pay someone else just to seat the engine. Do it yourself and you can adjust things like exact position, trans xmember postion, and mounting angle (shoot for 3-4* down).
Thanks BR3W That is exactly what I was hoping someone would say. Im going to give it a try. Do you think I need the transmission would go in easy attached to the engine? Or should I do them separately? Thanks again in advance
desertdogg is offline   Reply With Quote