View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 10:10 AM   #20
MJN

Re: '70 Chevy Longhorn 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I should have an old print in my picture boxes. It was a '71 C/30 (Custom/30)and I bought it in '82 from a mountain top farmer (friend) and it was already pretty rusty ($1,000). He bought it from a powerline maintenance outfit. He had parked it due to being too low on funds to treat it right, due to a wife leaving him and his boys after trashing his finances, including running off in the Z/28 and wrecking that. He sold it to me because he knew I'd treat it right. He had put a flatbed on it. I took it off and put a utility bed on. I worked out of it, including plowing snow, until the cab got really bad. I had scoured the planet for parts (way before internet) and the drivetrain, including engine/trans, was all rebuilt. The plan was to restore it, mount a contractor dump, and keep it at the family place in the mountains to use for firewood, plow snow on the place (not in the salt), and enjoy general running around while up there. I had bought a '72 Cheyenne Super K/20 to have down hear. So this would have been '91. I had sold the utility bed and had it at the truck body place where it was removed, and was waiting for that guy (also an auctioneer) to come up with the dump body. While at his shop it disappeared. I'm 99.9% sure it was an inside dirty business type deal between him and an employee who was also into the 71/72 Chevy 4wds. Big fat bummer!
Small world- this one just popped up on the 'NAPCO Trucks' Facebook group. Owned by a guy in North Carolina.
Attached Images

'72 GMC Sierra Custom K2500- in progress
'08 GMC Envoy Denali
'12 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali
'17 GMC Yukon XL
VCCA member #58596
http://www.nohrco.com
MJN is offline   Reply With Quote