View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 11:02 PM   #38
shifty
Questionable

i type close to 150WPM, no doubt. I could have typed all the content in your post in under 90 seconds. Just for giggles, I'm having a conversation in IRC right now while responding to your post and I'm typing on a laptop in the dark with the screen really dim waiting for a cop to drive by so I can flag him by (seriously, actually).

In regard to your points:

- I took off the front end. I was posting at midnight or later in a lot of the above posts. I dunno about your neck of the woods, but it's tough to find people to come over and wrench at midnight or 2am.

- Have you ever taken apart an LS1 and T56? I bought them as a unit on purpose. A few things: 1) I have no crossmember or driveshaft and I have no idea where the crossmember needs to be because this combo has never been in my truck. How in the hell am I supposed to know where to bolt it and what am I supposed to do - jack up the tranny by myself with a floorjack, put in the crossmember, drill out the hole for the tranny, try my damnedest to mount it, then guess where the engine is going to go in? You're talking crazy!!

- Read my post. The back end of the truck is against a wall. The front end is about three feet from the garage entrance. If I roll it four feet forward, it's rolling down a hill. If I put my cherry picker out on the slope of my driveway, it's going to roll down the hill with my engine and tranny on it while I'm sitting on the front clip trying to guide it in. That would be a great waste of $4000. I aslo explained that I have height limitations which made it impossible to even use the 1/2 ton hoist setting just to pull my inline 6 out. If I had problems using 1/2 ton boom setting to get out an inline 6 with no tranny, how am I supposed to stick an entire LS1 and tranny into my truck at the same time?

- For one, I don't have wheel dollies, hard to move a truck anywhere sideways by yourself or even with another person. Two, the guide rail for the garage is even lower than the lift bar and chain. If I move sideways, I'd be fighting with that instead. Like I said, it was somewhat of a unique situation.

Thanks for ranting, but ... you just spent a lot of time and energy getting angry about nothing. I appreciate you taking the time to post and give me ideas for things I could do in a different situation.

I think I'll go work on taking a wire cup to the front of the frame rails now....

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote