View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 02:07 PM   #46
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatocity
Maybe I missed it but what bolts need to be removed to get front clip off? I might be swapping a 67 clip onto my 70 and I will have to remove both clips.
This is for a '67-'68 probably:

Save any body shims you find. Mark where they went so you can lineup parts in the future.

Remove the bumper: This takes 6 bolts only. A couple can stay in.

Remove the cowl: Take off both wipers, take off bolt near the hood and behind the top of the door on each side, remove all screws and antenna from the top of the cowl (and the screws where the rubber flap/weather seal is if you still have one) and it should lift up easy.

Remove the outer fender bolts: two are up top close to the door. One is at the bottom of the fender close to the door. There is one more bolt just up and under that last one, you'll need to get under the truck and look in to see it - it has a big washer on it (mine did). it's about 2-3" above the bottom lip of the outer fender under the door, don't confuse it with the rocker panel bolt.

Remove the inner fender bolt: Look inside the wheel well for the bolt.

Unbolt the radiator support: This is done with two bolts that sit just under radiator - they have a smooth head and the bolt is under the truck. It's about as big around as your thumb in diameter, think it's an 11/16" nut.

There might be a bracket with 4 bolts where the steering column goes through the inner fender (driver's side). These will need to be undone.

If you can't lift one side easily, try to find the holdup. I'm pretty sure that's all of them though.

BAG YOUR BOLTS AND LABEL!

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 09-21-2005 at 02:08 PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote