View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 09:15 AM   #1
bguild

Project "Edna Marie"

Well another one has started..... This one is going to be different than the other 3 I have had. Different in the sense this one will be done right. Ever since I have sold my 1968 Chevy Shortbed that I had in high school I have wanted another one. That truck was a Gold SWB lowered truck. It was a great truck. I had to sell that one since I was heading off to college and I needed a more dependable vehicle. I went about 10 years without owning a 67-72 Chevy truck. My second one I bought for 750 bucks was a complete rust bucket and I realized after stripping it down it was to far gone. I ended up parting it out. The 3rd one I had was the closest to the start of the truck I wanted.
Project Low Dough. See build thread...
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...66#post4236866
after buying this truck I realized some things I did not like. The main being it was a cut down long bed. There was also rust above the windsheild and tearing it down to make the truck what I really wanted seemed like to much work and mess. I ended up posting it on Craiglist just seeing if I could get the money I wanted and sure enough it was gone in a week. I was a little sad when it left the house.
Since selling that truck and also selling my beloved Harley Road King I have been pondering what to do. I have had this dream truck build in my mind for awhile. I love the Porterbuilt Fab trucks and also the LS engines. I really want to build that truck. The more I thought about it I had decided that the truck I wanted to build meant buying a truck and scraping half of it. With that said I thought buying a frame and cab made more sense. LESS MESS... I was going to wait on this project for a few years until my girls got a little bit older (2 and 5) and money freed up some. My wife is going back to school and we will be on one income for the next few years. Even though I was going to wait on this project I kept searching the parts for sale board and still watching the site for something.
I ran across a 1967 Chevy SWB frame roller and cab that board member CHEESEMAN or Tyler was selling. He said he was going to scrap it if he didnt sell it soon. I didnt want to have that happen and it was exactly what I was looking for minus it has a small back glass. I called him and talked about price and agreed on a price of 350 pending more pictures. He sent more pictures and I also checked into getting a title for it since it did not have one. The VIN numbers did match on frame and cab
After doing research on KS laws I talked my Stepdad (who also loves these trucks) into buying it since I live in MO. It is easier to get titles for old cars in KS it only requires a Bill of Sale and a VIN Inspection. Once I had everything figured out I made the long drive to north MO and picked up the truck. I thought for 350 I couldnt pass on it.

Toys:
2014 Dodge Ram
1967 SHORTBED
bguild is offline   Reply With Quote