View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 12:10 PM   #7
old51sedan

Re: Vintage Air bracket question 6 Cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danman09 View Post
Has anyone put the passenger side compressor from Vintage Air on their 6 cylinder truck ? I wanted to know how well it fit and if it interfered with the rocker cover or plugs . I am putting together a 1970 c10 with power steering so the compressor has to go on the passenger side. The bracket looks large on their picture.
Danman09,
I purchased my Air conditioning from Vintage Air for my 292. My truck has PS so I also wanted this same bracket. They did charge me an uncharge for it. It is large, it covers Both of the first two plugs. I have if off right now, thinking of cutting out the plug holes to a plugger hole and also thinking of a way to cut of some of the rear mount to clear the HEI Dist. I have the same Dist as Richard, but it hits the rear mount, I believe part of that could be eliminated. I'm going to run my Air of the pulley closest to the engine, then the PS, then the alt. in the from. The alt has a dual pulley and will run with the PS and also off the front of the Harmonic balancer. I used a single bolt on pulley which I removed from an old 350 engine, bolted right on to the 292 double pulley. If I have a picture I will add it.
Attached Images

old51sedan is offline   Reply With Quote