View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #20
84chevyguyid

Re: 86 chevy crew cab 12 valve swap

Actually I haven't decided which way I am going with a controller yet. There are a few guys that are using a GM trans module from an 06 avalanche with an 8.1 motor and the ally 6 speed, then they are reprogramming it to work with the cummins then tweaking it with efi live. Another route is using a medium duty application allison controller but with that route, you don't get the tow/haul or the tap a shift functions and I don't believe you can use efi live with the allison system. I still have some time before I have to make that decision, hoping stuff for the 6 speeds gets a little more refined when I get to that point. Its amazing how fast things add up though huh? When I started my project I figured ten grand would come close to puttin it together, boy was I wrong. When I first started, I just wanted to throw the motor in the truck with a 4l80e trans I had kicking around and drive it but its hard to tear something that far apart and not do a nice job putting it back together. I dont want a show truck for sure but I want it to look nice and be reliable. Its a case of "while I'm at it"....
84chevyguyid is offline   Reply With Quote