View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 11:40 AM   #12
Chris(NJ)

Re: Installing door sound deadening material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sack54 View Post
For areas that won't stick good, wipe down with grease and wax remover (Prep Sol ) sand with 80 or 120 grit sandpaper then wipe again. For real bad spots use a heavy duty contact cement. Let it dry for a couple of hours. Just remember it will grab the sound material fast. also you can heat the metal up with heat gun or blow dryer,while you use the roller.
Knocked this out on my driver's door this morning. I pulled the interior panel off to paint the altman latch, so I decided to use up my remaining 4 sheets of Damplifier Pro.
The upper portion of the inner door skin was sticking fine, but the lower portion had a lot of built up dirt, grease and grime. I sanded with 100 grit for what seemed like forever. Vacuumed it all up, then gave it a few good wipes with some rubbing alcohol to get any remaining oils. The damplifier stuck with no problem now! And the door sounds SO solid closing. Love these quarantine projects!

You can kind of see the black damplifier pro in the upper and lower openings of the inner door skin in this pic.....
Attached Images

Chris(NJ) is offline   Reply With Quote