View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #77
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: 1988 Suburban "V Rig" Gets Cummins Power

We've been working on this beast making progress. Here's a shot of one of the inner fender mounting tabs broken off I repaired.

Here are the front axle shock mounts completed and shocks installed.

Here are the sway bar mounts incorporated with the leaf spring retaining plates.

I had to take the rear drive shaft back again. When they built it, they didn't take into consideration the slip joint moving because it was almost bottomed out. They had to take out some to get proper travel. The front fits really nice. Too bad I broke a tap off in the rear pinion yoke. Someone had the hole cross threaded and I was trying to save it. I'm working on getting a different yoke now.

I had to cut a hole in the floor pan to get the 4wd shifter from the dodge to fit in here. I also had to modify the shifter mount to allow being bolted to a 47rh, since they never were designed to be there. I didn't to weld steel back in there because I didn't want the windshield and interior burnt by welding. So I made a cover out of aluminum, riveted and sealed it in. I will show pics of the modified shifter bracket later. I did get the shifter to come through the stock hole in the floor as well.

1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote