View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #42
47twoton

Re: 46 Chevy 2-ton barn find/build

After 3 weeks or so, She's still sitting on my trailer. Need 'er off this weekend, so will make place under shelter (currently lacking). Have ordered a universal BBC mount from Jegs to help with the rough engine placement. After looking for quite awhile I did manage to find pix of another rodder's build using an early 454/TH400 ('79, as I recall) & that's all so far. Bound to be others out there. Plenty of 350's, but BBC is apparently rare...likely due to the tight fit. Pix of other guy's build show essentially no clearance in front for fan (but plenty of room in front of radiator for electric fan). Will likely skooch my 454 rearwards a bit, and perhaps even off-center slightly to the passenger side if steering box clearance or exhaust is a problem. The farther back, the wider the frame rails in this case. Not too concerned with OEM authenticity with drive train nor interior & creature comforts, but I absolutely intend to keep the exterior patina as-is. Probably the stake bed too. Keep it real---but modernize for power (and O/D to compensate for the low gearing).

Will upload a few pix soon.
47twoton is offline   Reply With Quote