View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 10:28 PM   #22
special-K
Special Order

Re: Moved a Building

Did you want to borrow money or something?That`s aweful nice!
And,thanks.One needs to hear these things from time to time.It`s been rare in my life,but that doesn`t change me.You and I share the outlook.The one thing that tears me up is how they turned the kids against me.They just jut their chin out and look straight ahead when walking by on their lane.I fear they will become as their parents are.These people sound angry talking to there kids.
The 11 year old son loads firwood into a yard trailer while dad sits and shouts orders."Poosh it up`ere.No!not there!Grab it with your left hand.The other left!Now git that other`n over`ere.C`mon boy!"
When the kids through the rocks through the screening(I caught them in the act) I went out and stopped them and let them know I was very disappointed in them.One at a time both mothers came down with their kid with an apology note aknowledging all that I have done for them.The mothers offered to pay.I told them the screen was cheap,I do my own work,and it`s mostly labor.I just want them to help me fix it for restitution.Then,I had the incident over cutting the corner and that was it for the restitution.That`s a great way to teach a kid,huh?It`s sad.

I was talking about my wooden ladder against the tree.Someone who saw it there last June commented it was still there.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote