View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 03:28 PM   #184
FAKKY

Re: 57 Panel "FAKMLC" build

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
you could always replace that oil feed fitting with a 90 deg fitting that is lower profile than a tube bend can allow. you would need to make a new tube but that's pretty easy. maybe get you enough room. just remember the engine will torque up and move some as well.
Thats what I was thinking .... I might raise it just another 3/8" inch ..... but if clearance becomes too much of an issue ..... then get a custom hydraulic line made with a 90 degree fitting. How do you tell the sizes on these things ... I think it might be M16x1.5 o-ring flare style .... btu really not sure. Going to have to get on made for the reservoir/pump side anway as thats interfering with the steering linkage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
how about a dimple in the firewall to allow the fuel rail protector clearance. or a recessed firewall to allow everything to fit plus an accelerator pedal on the inside. will you use drive by wire or cable operated throttle?
a steel wheelbarrow tub would work pretty well for a recessed firewall or a section from a steel trailer fender could be used and added to if you wanted a rounded top look. somebody on here is doing a firewall mod right now with the round top look. check post 754 for a look
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...645774&page=31
If I could have a do over --- I would But so far into this I just want to get moving on now ...... and really I *think* I have enough clearance ... just would prefer if it was another 1-2" inches back. I'll be using the DBW on this setup.

Side note .... neitehr the stock manifolds or the pontiac GTO ones I have will work. Both are CLOSE .. but no beuno. Ill probably get a set of stainless eba manifolds with a rear exahust dump.

Clearance on the motor mounts will also be tight. Man there is not much room on the drivers side to fit steering/exahust and mounts in .... the ones I do have wont quite work ... I'll have to weld/fabricate something to them to get the length and angle I need to come off the frame and under the manifolds.