View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 08:49 PM   #3
seifer

Re: Electric Window Mod - Plus DIY winder switch

Next I had to make a switch, as I said the earlier idea I had in the earlier pic first of all got in the way of the motor sprocket and secondly meant id have to cut into the door.
So I got me some 1/2" washers, nuts and bolts and drilled a 12mm hole in the top of each bolt.
I also cut off and down the regulator spindle. You'll need to measure to work out the correct height taking into account your nut/bolt setup.
I then welded the spindle into the bolt I drilled.

For the switch base I used the lid from an electronics store aluminium box. Note I drilled the top hole before working out where the hole should actually sit with everything line up. Measure once. Once assembled It appeared the protruding nut was going to be in contact with the cog so I trimmed it down. When you work out the correct turning tension for the nut, loctite it down to hold it in place.

Next I welded on a lever then mounted the microswitches.

Attach to the door panel itself, reinstall the window and handle and voila, one ye old window winder switch.

I installed this all this morning. Everything works great. Ill try and post a vid of it in operation tonight.
One thing ill need to add is a tension spring to recentre the lever, the added weight of the crank handle I think will mean every bump makes the windows go down...

And apologies for a lot of the above being in metric etc, thats just how it is in the rest of the civilised world haha.
seifer is offline   Reply With Quote