View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 05:14 PM   #3220
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrown50 View Post
Hi Rian, not been on here for a week or two so just catching up, the weld trolley looks great, very professional👍

I hadn’t realised how bad your speaker and stereo holes were, clearly marked out in crayon and cut out with a (blunt) can opener.

My only advice would be to cut out all of the damage if your patches are big enough and take your time getting the fit right before you go near it with a welding torch. Time spent up front will save you much more time later ( and I hate sanding filler )

I always enjoy your thread but it’s great to see the truck on it again 👍
Thanks Ian.

Very good to be back on the truck..

I feel ready to get back into it.

Had to stay away from it while my head and heart was screwed up. Possibly more than most realise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Maybe you can find someone to cut some panels out of a scrap cab when you come to the states later. That would be the easiest to fix those speaker holes.

The panel bond works great for some things, but since those areas are exposed I prefer the welding thing for the smoother look.

Only advice I know is very slow. Tack, wait, grind, wait..... do again.
Yes Bill, patient is what makes a job come out better than rushing.

I will try.

Don’t have time to find a set of panels in the USA before welding them in.

Needs more speed.

Random alert.

Been away at a sales conference, training and more corporate “stuff” at a hotel at Heathrow airport

One of the things today was to model some kids Play Doh to represent something that meant something to you.

This was actually something I did after the initial modelling assignment.

Representative of my 26 years in this industry..... and what I head when managers go on and on.

Managers, take note.

My model was a truck, filled with balloons in the rear, plus of course Roadkill Kitty under the wheel.

After leaving the meeting, the M25 was busy, but not total chaos, popped in to see Joymand Wyzz her dog, then down to Morrison’s to get some food and bread.

Well.....

When I stopped there was an abandoned shopping trolley with £1.00 in it, and when I left....... there was another abandoned trolley.

£2.00 in my pocket, or $3.00 scored.

Why would I say no to free cash?

Bought three cases of discounted Bud Light for Sunday, £4.40 saving per pack. So £13.20 saved.

Got the bread, then went to look for meat for Sunday’s BBQ and found the in-house butcher marking down short dated meat.

These people are crazy anal about the dates.

I bought Fillet steak, Pastrami Briskett and some pork chops......

Check the crazy price reductions.

Bought £38.00 worth of meat for less than £2.00

Brought the meat home and prepped it for the oven.

Extra garlic and olive oil, sealed in foil and into the oven for 6 hrs at 110’C

In the end, adding up the savings, I had saved £51.00 or about $75.00

I am looking forward to seeing what the final,result is.

Contemplating smoking one of these on a fire too.

Back in a bit.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote