View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 12:47 PM   #1
Paul72

Next project - K/5 Tahoe

I just bought a complete, running 1971 Blazer from Florida (CL find!) and had it shipped up to Iowa. It's a pretty solid piece - needs rockers, etc. but all in all a great starting point! First item of business will be removing the 68 clip - just not a fan of this look...

I really enjoy driving these old trucks, but after a while I really start appreciating modern technology (injection, suspension, brakes, etc.).

My plan over the next few years is to drive/enjoy the Blazer as I fix the major issues. While I am doing that, I'm going to remove the 99 Tahoe from its frame and prepare it to receive the Blazer body, creating (in my mind) the perfect old Blazer with all the modern conveniences of a late model vehicle. Sounds much, much easier that it will be, but should be a fun and challenging endeavor!

Stay tuned for periodic updates on this project - I am venturing into a new area taking on this task and I'm sure I'll have a great many questions and frustrations to share with you!

Here are the 'before' pics:
Attached Images