View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 12:40 PM   #87
hewittca

Re: Sullii the 72 GMC 1500

I've been slowly working my way through a number of items recently. At this point, there's so much left to do that I sort of get scatter brained. I'll work on one thing for 10 minutes and then get distracted and work on something else. Overall, though, it's still progress. Lately I've been focused on engine items. I installed new valve cover gaskets and used the opportunity to inspect (all looks good!). The water pump was in need of installation, so I got that cleaned, painted, and installed as well. I was also going to install the alternator mount but decided the stock 5.3 mount is too obnoxious to put back on. I will wait on the alternator and get a low mount kit later.

Next I got distracted by the wiring harness again so I started to lay that out how I wanted it. I'm finally at a point with it that I can start to finalize the layout and add all the external connections. I am also working on rewrapping the harness with adhesive cloth tape.

With the help of a friend, we also got the inner fenders clearanced and painted to match the firewall. The shape of the cutout on the fender was slightly modified after this photo since the rear corner still came pretty close to the tire. With the fender installed, it starts to give a pretty good indication of what the engine bay will look like. I was originally going to run with no inner fenders but the bay is starting to look too good to let it get ruined again by road debris. I will have to find an economical solution to inner fenders because I can't stomach upwards of $1k for some of the aftermarket options.

With all the work going on up front, I realized I still have quite a bit left to do out back. I decided it wasn't worth the hassle of crawling around under the truck, so the bed came back apart. The time spent removing the bed will be worth the aggravation avoided. Checklist for the rear includes relocated fuel cell, fuel lines, relocated battery, crossmember cutouts, and exhaust. I'm starting to think I won't finish this thing by October for the C10 Revival!

-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote