View Single Post
Old 04-07-2023, 10:06 AM   #100
Accelo

Re: Sullii the 72 GMC 1500

No videos but I will attempt to get one I can post.
I am using the BTR Stage II truck cam. I am really happy with it. The LS1 is all stock with the exception of the LS6 intake the cam and headers. Made 354hp at the wheels.
It works with the stock converter. But you will be leaving some acceleration on the table without a converter. Simply put the converter get the motor into its power-band quicker.
Smaller tires with harder compound do the same thing as they spin easily so the motor reves into the power band. However, it just makes the spin worse. It's a balancing act with our trucks. Lack of traction because all the weight is on the front is a huge issue. If you don't have a posi HP becomes an effort in futility. I had a stock 06 Corvette and one just punched it and you will in the low 13's without effort. My LS1 has more engine HP than the LS2 in the Corvette. The C10 the tires are narrower the weight is more and the weight on the tires is less. It is way harder to drive fast. The advertised 0-60 time with the 06 Corvette is 4.6. Best I have been able to do with the C10 is 6.2 seconds.
I have a set of slicks I need to try as traction is such an issue. Especially in the winter.
Rambled enough.
Cheers.
Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote