View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 08:57 AM   #17
Yeller68

Re: Anybody here the original owner? Post your truck's history here

Not original owner, but I have been around the truck since it was 1 year old. (And I was 5). My dad bought it in 69 from a gentleman who bought it new to do some camping with in retirement. Unfortunately for him, he had a heart attack, which he survived, but changed his retirement plans. My dad had been looking for a truck, and was about to buy a new one, when he found this 1 year old with about 1200 miles on it if I recall correctly. The truck had a camper shell on it, and I remember being 5 years old, and being able to stand up in the bed and not have my head touch the roof of the camper. I also remember that he paid around $2400 for the truck and about half of that was in rolled quarters, that had been saved from my Dad dumping his pockets at the end of the day. I can still remember seeing him lug boxes of quarters into the man's house. Dad drove it to work from 69 to 82 until he retired. In about 85 his eyesight got too bad for him to drive, so the truck got parked, and was rarely driven. In about 96, or so I decided I wanted to fix it up, and took it home. Sadly my dad passed away in 97 before I did anything to it. I got started good in about 2000, and when money, and time have allowed have been working on it. Almost a frame off, (did not pull the cab off), but finally the end is in sight. Trying to finish up the interior now. Sorry for rambling on, but believe me, I could have written more.

Yeller68 is offline   Reply With Quote